So you've signed for the World's Greatest Hobby on Tour and have questions about the logistics of the show. When is set-up?, What is the shipping address to the hall?, What is the sale tax rate?, When do I get my exhibitor badges?, etc
This page should answer your questions. We’d like to make this show as successful and seamless for you as possible.
We look forward to seeing you at the show. If you need more information, please contact us at 630-279-5094 or by email.
Show Schedule by Day
- Shipments being sent to the hall can be received from 12:00p to 5:00p. See our “Freight” section.
- NO SET-UP OR EXHIBITOR DROP-OFF PERMITTED
- 9:00a - 7:00p Exhibitor & Layout Set-up. Upon arrival, please check in with our show staff at the show office
- 9:00a - 7:00p Shipments can be received
- 8:00a - 9:30a Exhibitor Set-up (No Drive-in Permitted)
- 10:00a - 6:00p Open to the Public
- 9:00a - 10:00a Exhibitors Only
- 9:30a - 10:00a Trade & VIP Only
- 10:00a - 5:00p Open to the Public
- 5:05p - 6:30p Tear-Down
- 6:30 - 11:00p Move-Out (Drive-in access for exhibitors will not start until 6:30p and the hall closes promptly at 11:00p. Priority will be given to the layouts closest to the drive-in doors as once they are out, it will open up more space for others to drive-in).
Drive-in access will be allowed on Friday but is limited. Check with a show manager before bringing your vehicle into the hall. Most passenger vehicles will be allowed to drive into the hall. Large trucks or trailers may have to unload in the parking lot or dock. Once your vehicle is unloaded/loaded, it must be removed from the hall as soon as possible.
Your Booth – What’s Included
10’ x 10’ draped booth
8’ high back curtain and 3’ high side rails with 1 chair per booth
Up to 3 tables per booth are included
All booths must present a professional appearance. They must be clean and neat. All unskirted tables must be covered. We do not provide table coverings. Table covers must look professional and be fire-proof.
Booth Add-Ons Available
- Skirting for Tables 8’x30” - $40.00/ea 3 max per booth
- Electric Drop - $95.00/ea 1 outlet, 5 amp drop
Security is onsite to make sure everyone who is on the show floor during set up and take down is an exhibitor. While our show staff will likely know who you by sight our security personnel won't so please make sure you have your exhibitor credentials with you while on the show floor.
No one will be allowed access to the facility without proper credentials. There will be no access to the hall outside set hours. Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their products and exhibit materials during show hours that show staff is in the building. After the hall is closed and the facility is secured, show security will not admit anyone until the hall reopens for exhibitors the following day.
Social media is changing the way people hear about new products and events. Help us promote your product line by posting to our Facebook page.
Freight – Shipping to the Facility Direct
Exhibitors may receive and handle their own freight on Friday from 9:00a - 5:00p at no additional charge. Freight will also be accepted on your behalf on Thursday from 12:00p to 5:00p and Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm if you are not present. If we receive/handle freight on your behalf you will be charged $100.00 per skid/delivery. For exhibitors participating in our freight program, these fees are waived. Please contact us if you would like information on our freight program.
Warning: If you attempt to have your package delivered at any other time, it may be refused by the facility or the facility may charge a fee in addition to the our $100.00 per skid fee to accept your package. In addition all freight must be picked up by 11pm on Sunday night to avoid additional charges.
All the World's Greatest Hobby on Tour attendance numbers are here.
Show Specific Details
This column has the details that change by show. As we get updates we'll change them here.
We're looking forward to seeing you at the shows in 2020!
Saint Paul, MN – February 29-March 1, 2020
The WGH Shipping Program features no price increase over last year and has all the same benefits. Download the 2020 Shipping Program Flyer for all the information and order form.