So you've signed for the World's Greatest Hobby on Tour and have questions about the logistics of the show. When is set-up?, What is the shipping address to the hall?, What is the sale tax rate?, When do I get my exhibitor badges?, etc
This page should answer your questions. We’d like to make this show as successful and seamless for you as possible.
We look forward to seeing you at the show. If you need more information, please contact us at 630-279-5094 or by email.
Show Schedule by Day
- Shipments being sent to the hall can be received from 12:00p to 5:00p. See our “Freight” section.
- NO SET-UP OR EXHIBITOR DROP-OFF PERMITTED
- 9:00a - 8:00p Exhibitor & Layout Set-up. Upon arrival, please check in with our show staff at the show office
- 9:00a - 8:00p Shipments can be received
- 8:00a - 9:30a Exhibitor Set-up (No Drive-in Permitted)
- 10:00a - 6:00p Open to the Public
- 9:00a - 10:00a Exhibitors Only
- 9:30a - 10:00a Trade & VIP Only
- 10:00a - 5:00p Open to the Public
- 5:05p - 6:30p Tear-Down
- 6:30 - 11:00p Move-Out (Drive-in access for exhibitors will not start until 6:30p and the hall closes promptly at 11:00p. Priority will be given to the layouts closest to the drive-in doors as once they are out, it will open up more space for others to drive-in).
Drive-in access will be allowed on Friday but is limited. Check with a show manager before bringing your vehicle into the hall. Most passenger vehicles will be allowed to drive into the hall. Large trucks or trailers may have to unload in the parking lot or dock. Once your vehicle is unloaded/loaded, it must be removed from the hall as soon as possible.
Your Booth – What’s Included
10’ x 10’ draped booth
8’ high back curtain and 3’ high side rails with 1 chair per booth
TABLES ARE NOT INCLUDED UNLESS YOU ORDERED THEM
All booths must present a professional appearance. They must be clean and neat. All unskirted tables must be covered. We do not provide table coverings. Table covers must look professional and be fire-proof.
Booth Add-Ons Available
Note: While the standard table width is 24” there are some locations that may have 30” wide tables.
- Unskirted Tables 8’x24” - $15.00/ea 3 max per booth, 24” wide is the standard table width.
- Skirted Tables 8’x24” - $45.00/ea 3 max per booth, 24” wide is the standard table width.
- 42” Tall Tables - $45.00/75.00 skirted/unskirted, 24” wide, available in 4’, 6’ and 8’ lengths
- Electric Drop - $95.00/ea 1 outlet, 5 amp drop
- Carpet $110/booth 10’ x 10’ standard show color carpet
- Additional Chairs $5.00/ea NO CHARGE
Prices are 50% higher if ordered less than 7 days in advance and may not be available at the show
Security is onsite to make sure everyone who is on the show floor during set up and take down is an exhibitor. While our show staff will likely know who you by sight our security personnel won't so please make sure you have your exhibitor credentials with you while on the show floor.
No one will be allowed access to the facility without proper credentials. There will be no access to the hall outside set hours. Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their products and exhibit materials during show hours that show staff is in the building. After the hall is closed and the facility is secured, show security will not admit anyone until the hall reopens for exhibitors the following day.
Social media is changing the way people hear about new products and events. Help us promote your product line by posting to our Facebook page.
Freight – Shipping to the Facility Direct
Exhibitors may receive and handle their own freight on Friday from 9:00a - 5:00p at no additional charge. Freight will also be accepted on your behalf on Thursday from 12:00p to 5:00p and Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm if you are not present. If we receive/handle freight on your behalf you will be charged $100.00 per skid/delivery. For exhibitors participating in our freight program, these fees are waived. Please contact us if you would like information on our freight program.
Warning: If you attempt to have your package delivered at any other time, it may be refused by the facility or the facility may charge a fee in addition to the our $100.00 per skid fee to accept your package. In addition all freight must be picked up by 11pm on Sunday night to avoid additional charges.
All the World's Greatest Hobby on Tour attendance numbers are here.
2018 WGH on Tour Poster
A one page poster showing the 2018 show schedule. Hang it on the fridge so you don't forget the show dates. 2018 poster (PDF)
Show Specific Details
This column has the details that change by show. As we get updates we'll change them here.
We're looking forward to seeing you at the shows in 2018!
Edison, NJ – March 10 & 11, 2018
New Jersey Expo Center
97 Sunfield Ave
Edison, NJ 08837
- GPS Directions & Maps
- Floorplan (pdf) updated 02-13-18
- Exhibitor List (pdf) updated 02-13-18
- Sales Tax
- Facility website
- Parking at the New Jersey Expo Center is free and abundant.
- Please note that on Sunday of the show no drive in will be allowed into the facility for move out until after 7pm.
Hotels with Show Rates
$119 to $129 USD/night Reserve Now
- Free High Speed Internet
- Fitness Center
2019 Show Schedule
January 5 & 6, 2019 • Schaumburg, IL (Chicago market)
Chicago has traditionally been one of our strongest and most consistent shows.
January 12 & 13, 2019 • Oaks, PA (Philadelphia market)
One of two shows in our history to hit 40,000 people.
February 9 & 10, 2019 • Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha market)
Our second time to the Omaha market, the first to Council Bluffs. Train Show Inc. runs an annual Great Train Show at this facility and it is well attended.
February 23 & 24, 2019 • Novi, MI (Detroit market)
Also our second time visiting Novi, MI. We are pleased to return to the Detroit Market.
More information will be presented here in the coming weeks on the 2019 shows.